BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Abandon

This is one of the first shot I took with my new Nikon D90.

 





I was thinking today about the theme Regina posted about Photographing Abandoned. I was sitting outside watching the girls play in the pool and I looked at my Dad's (whom passed away 7 months ago) swing. One of my Dad's favorite pasttimes was to swing in this swing. He would swing for hours everyday. Since he passed away, no one has sat in it.
 



I have had no trainning, no classes, and no professional experience so any comments, suggesions, and advice is greatly appreciated. I want to grow as a photographer and realize I have much to learn. Right now, I am basically shooting on auto most of the time. I wish to get away from this and desire to grow as a photographer. You are both amazing!!
Posted by Picasa

2 Hits:

Regina Jeffery said...

Wonderful shot of her. How are you loving your camera? Your swing pic is lovely. I am sure it has lots of meaning for you and your girls. Your DoF I think gives it a little added touch of abandon. You focused on the flower and front pole, instead of the actual swing. Puts it more in the background, probably the same way that you guys feel about the swing itself. Very nice Amanda. And dont worry about the lack of classes. i have only had a couple this past year, to help me learn a little more about my camera and its functions. Krista hasnt had classes either. Practice and using your 'eye' is the most important part. You can read and fill in the other stuff as you go. And that is one of the major things we want to do with this group. Learn from each other. Thanks so much for posting these. Very well done!

Krista Sutherland said...

Great shots! I think photos with meaning behind them are the best kind of photos! Like Regina said, taking classes doesn't necessarily matter -- Ansel Adams said, "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." NO rules!!